Meet Leopard and Tiger: Your Animal Spirit Guides
At this Full Moon in Libra
Leopard and Tiger want to share their gifts and challenges as your animal spirit guides during this time! Why?
Spring has sprung! Or at least it’s trying to! This full moon in Libra is also known as the Worm Moon since the earth is warming, allowing the worms to soften and ‘worm’ their way to the surface while inviting the birds to feed after a long winter. A true sign of spring!
Spring is a sign for new beginnings and opportunities, birth, light, movement and creative endeavors.
Libra is ruled by Venus and is a sign of relationships, love and balance. This full moon will help us with our relationship struggles in a peaceful way without surrendering our feelings. We are guided to express what we feel to others in a respectful manner to enable understanding.
Where there is understanding, there is love.
Full moons represent closures and when in Libra, this could mean with someone you have a relationship with, privately or in your business. Either you are closing a past chapter and moving on or ending a relationship that no longer serves you. In a peaceful manner. This closure will help you grow and be able to open yourself up for the opportunities that are currently being shown to you.
So, it’s no surprise that your animal spirit guides, Leopard and Tiger, have a few important messages during this time is. Let’s explore this a little further.
Next up: Zebra, Seagull and Gorilla are your animal spirit guides during the New Moon in Aries on April 11, 2021.
Meet your own personal Animal Spirit Guides!
Leopard and Tiger as your Animal Spirit Guides
I never ‘pull’ cards, especially animal spirit cards because I feel they want to step forward to help us, so to allow them to show themselves, I shuffle until a card flies out of the deck. This time, two flipped over. Watch the video below to see how Leopard and Tiger showed up and how they want to help you.
Who are your Animal Spirit Guides?
Leopard as your Animal Spirit Guide
Leopards are the smallest of the big cats and the most spread out and diverse. They are super fast and springy.
As solitary animals, they have their own territory and warn other leopards with their markings to stay away. Males and females only come together to mate. Females can give birth at any time and have 2-3 cubs at a time who stay with them for about two years.
They’re nocturnal, skilled climbers and like to rest in trees which is why I never saw any on my 3-week trip to Africa in 2016.
They are hunted for their fur and meat and for fear of killing farm animals. As human population grows, their territory declines.
The work of Wildlife Act focuses on endangered and priority species including the Leopard, African Wild Dog, Cheetah, Rhino, Lion, Elephant and Vulture. They also offer volunteer programs.
IF you plan to volunteer in Africa, please, for the love of all animals on this Earth, read the first post in this list to warn volunteers of hidden animal cruelty so that you choose an ethical organization.
Scientific Name: Panthera pardus
Indigenous to: Sub-Saharan Africa, northeast Africa, Central Asia, India, China
Habitat: Grasslands, savannah, rainforests and snowy mountains
Speed & agility: They can run up to 58 km/h and leap up to 6 meters high
Conservation: Appendix I on CITES list = Endangered!
What we can learn from Leopard
- Finding peace with solidarity. During the COVID lockdown and the image of leopards resting in trees, the message to ‘hang in there’ gives us a little inspiration.
- Live with ease and simplicity. Sleek, poise and casual, look at how Leopard walks, jumps and ‘hangs out’. Take things with stride and pride.
- Take back your power. Leopard usually comes to you after tremendous suffering. She comes as a healer and counselor and when you think there’s no way out. When you feel you’ve hit rock bottom. She sends the message to look at your skills and appreciate them. And, to USE them. A Leopard can’t change her spots! They are hers! A leopard’s spots are unique, similar to our fingerprints. She is teaching you to show off your uniqueness and be proud! There is no more need to hide.
- Respect and love yourself and others. With this newly felt pride, you can view yourself in a more loving way which will give you the ability to view others in a similar way. Leopard is a power guide during your spiritual transformation.
- Protect what’s yours. Living alone may automatically give you a sense of protection and so use this to your advantage, however, there are warnings with this gift when abused, so read on…
- High adaptability in various situations and surroundings. You are ready for any situation that comes your way. Acknowledge your fears, but don’t let them take the driver’s seat.
- Balance speed and strength. Almost as fast as Cheetah, Leopard can help you cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time without burning out. They reserve enough energy for the destination – in their case, the kill. They know that sprinting is not sustainable for the long haul, so this is a lesson for you to make sure you have enough energy to finish a project, or possibly with this Full Moon in Libra, a relationship or a chapter of a relationship because toxic relationships are not sustainable.
- Wise Competition. Leopard competes for food with Tiger, Hyena and Lion. Both Leopard and Tiger want to show up to help guide us during this full moon means for me that it’s also important to look for collaboration opportunities with your competition. Leopard protects what is hers, rightly so and that should never change. However, there is enough abundance to go around and since this Full Moon is much about relationships, I believe Leopard is saying to notice your competition and see where you can work together successfully to share the same goal. Especially if you’re a purpose-driven social entrepreneur, you’re on a mission and you’ll have more success if you work with others who have that same mission.
- Being aware of Leopard’s challenges. If you’re too alone, beware of isolation paranoia (Gollum syndrome) as well as being too competitive and greedy, so during this full moon, seeking closure on those characteristics will open up new opportunities.
Final words from Leopard
With Leopard as your animal spirit guide now or in the future, you have a powerful teacher for personal transformation. Working with Leopard energy will help you raise your consciousness and you will surely feel yourself growing in unexpected ways.
You will learn to move along your spiritual path in a more confident and independent way, in your way, guided by your own magic.
Take control of your life and your path and you will be shown incredible opportunities.
Her question for you is: What lights up your life?
Call upon Leopard energy to open up opportunities.
Tiger as your Animal Spirit Guide
Tiger is the largest cat species and one of the largest land predators.
They like water and are often found swimming.
Similar to Leopard and our fingerprints, their stripes only belong to them.
There are approx. 3,890 wild tigers left on Earth. 100 years ago, there were 100,000. All parts of the tiger are used for superstition and religious beliefs and traditions. They are thought to heal every type of disease and are use to be a pain killer or aphrodisiac, even a cure for laziness or prevent demon possession.
Thousands of Tigers are imprisoned and used for tourist attractions as well as sold on the black markets.
There are more tigers kept in captivity in Texas (2,000 – 5,000) than living in the wild! I’m still searching for an ethical tiger conservation organization and when I find one, I will add it here!
Scientific Name: Panthera tigris
Subspecies: Six after three subspecies were driven into extinction
Indigenous to: 13 countries in Asia and Far-east Russia
Habitat: Rainforests, mangrove swamps, evergreen forests, grasslands, savannahs, and rocky areas
Speed & nose leven: They can run up to 65 km/h and their roar can be heard as far as 3km
Conservation: Appendix I on CITES list = Endangered!
What we can learn from Tiger
- Strength. The mighty Tiger is the largest of the felines and one of the largest land predators. He knows his strength and offers it to you when you feel weak, exhausted and ready to give up. His bursts of energy can give you the boost you need after a long struggle, such as to complete a long-term project or heal a toxic relationship.
- Patience. Tiger will show you when the right time is to make your move. Similar to Alligator, during the hunt, Tiger remains still and only strikes when he can almost guarantee success. With this gift, he teaches you strategy and will frown upon procrastination when the path is clear and all the signs point to ‘GO!’
- Willpower and adventure. Tiger gets what Tiger wants. With his ambition and sense of adventure, there is nothing that will get in his way. Proceed with this lesson with caution because even though you may be ready to take that leap, you must think of what’s at stake. Any selfish agendas may come with difficulties.
- Power and Passion. An ally to Leopard, Tiger’s stripes are unique and so in combination, this is a huge message to take back your power and show the world who you really are. Tiger encourages you to follow your passion because this IS who you are and when you accept that and communicate it loudly and proudly, you will gain your power back.
- See clearly. Tigers, as with most cats, can see in the dark, or rather, in spaces with little light. They are unable to see in complete darkness. With their sharpened sight, Tiger spirit helps you see the truth, see through obstacles and blocks that are stopping you from moving forward. With his patience, heightened senses and deep intuition, he helps you make better decisions faster and with confidence.
- Blending in.Tigers see and want to be seen clearly, however, he is challenged with blending in to his environment. His identity and his stripes help camouflage him, which is good for the hunt, but not when he wants to mate. Also, with his vulnerability of becoming extinct, he is saying that he does not want to disappear completely.
Final words from Tiger
Working with Tiger energy will help you understand your raw feelings and be able to put these in perspective so that you can find the courage to work through difficult and emotional situations, now and in the future. He will also help you act fast when you need to avoid missing opportunities.
Call upon the Tiger when you feel like you are hiding or when you feel aggression towards a situation or someone.
His question for you is: In what aspect of your life do you need strength?
Call upon Tiger energy to help take back your power.
Enjoy this Full Moon in Libra
The full moon peaks on Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 2:48 pm in New York (8:48 pm in Paris) and on March 29th at 2:48 am in Hong Kong (5:48 am Sydney) and with it, exposes an extraordinary wishful dose of balance and harmony, especially in our relationships.
Libra is often seen as being ‘in balance’ when in reality, Libra seeks balance, so use the big cats’ heightened sense of sight to see those imbalances in your life and relationships and bring in Leopard energy to heal them and Tiger’s strength and courage to carry out those difficult conversations so that you can move forward with love and in peace with everyone around you.
Where there is respectful communication and understanding, there is love.
Learn more about your own Animal Spirit Guides!
Do you feel close to Leopard or Tiger? Please comment below and let’s talk!
Wishing you a lovely full moon experience.
Peace and love,