Meet Polar Bear and Dragon:
Your Animal Guides
At this New Moon in Taurus
I’m not surprised Polar Bear and Dragon presented themselves to be our animal guides during this new moon in Taurus.
This new moon brings with it energy for setting intentions, getting things done and the need to feel more secure.
Taurus is a sign of pleasure, joy, abundance, contentment, comfort and the pure enjoyment and luxuries of life. The luxuries of life don’t always mean an expanded amount of wealth, it’s about life’s simple and physical pleasures. These are to be seen as luxuries. Also, the Taurus teaches us the beauty of the divine mother.
New moons give us an opportunity start something new or recommit to an abandoned or procrastinated goal or project.
It brings amazing opportunities aligned with abundance and happiness, that is, if you surrender to what’s showing up for you.
Embrace the gifts of confidence and surrender to achieve empowerment, uncover the truth and accept transformation.
Looking back: Bear and Ouroboros were your animal guides during the full moon in Scorpio on April 26, 2021.
Polar Bear and Dragon as your Animal Guides
I never ‘pull’ cards because animal guides want to step forward on their own will to help.
As I was thinking about this new moon in Taurus with its gifts of confidence and surrender, abundance, luxury, etc. and asked who wanted to guide us during this time, Polar Bear and Dragon flew out of the deck together.
Polar Bear as your Animal Guide
The largest of the eight bear species, polar bears were only recognized as a specific species in the late 1700s.
As mentioned during the full moon in Scorpio two weeks ago, Bear has a highly important spiritual meaning. Even though scientifically, Polar Bear is a Bear species, the great white bear has his very own spiritual realm and is not considered when tuning into Bear energy. He’s only present when activating Polar Bear energy. This differentiation is important.
The Inuits believe Polar Bear accompanies souls into their next destination and is an incredible valuable guide in times of massive transitional change, especially when starting your spiritual journey.
They defined Polar Bear as the God Tornaurssuk, the master of whales and seals and the most powerful supernatural being in Greenland.
Scientific name: Ursus maritimus
Indigenous to: Arctic
Habitat: Ice, water
Hibernation: Only pregnant bears hibernate. The rest weather the harsh Arctic winters.
Hunting skill: Polar bears spend over 50% of their time hunting for food.
Eye protection: The polar bear’s third eyelid offer protection from the extreme elements.
Insulation: With their four inches of fat below the skin, polar bears are able to handle the cold.
The poster child who inspires climate action is Polar Bear!
He’s not only losing his habitat due to global warming though. That is the biggest threat, yes, but other threats and concerns include toxic pollution, disturbance of maternal dens, oil spills and overhunting of subpopulations.
There are many different kinds of conservation projects to help save polar bears, from monitoring populations, reducing conflict with humans as they are forced to migrate inland to engaging in climate action activities, etc.
If you would like to help save the polar bears, please search for an organization who works locally and has a track record of good work and communicates in a transparent way so that you know exactly where your money is going. Get to know the organization before investing money.
If you are able, consider volunteering your time. This will give you valuable experience in a new field of work which could open many opportunities as well as give you much joy, something that money can’t buy.
What we can learn from Polar Bear
With Polar Bear being the main poster child to inspire climate action in the human world, he wants to share his many lessons with you to help you keep your focus on what’s most important.
What can Polar Bear teach us?
- Endurance, perseverance, adaptation and energy conservation: As the ice melts in the Arctic, polar bears are forced to swim longer distances. In January 2011, it was reported that a polar bear swam 426 miles in nine days in search of food. When you watch them swim, they do it very slowly, often only using their front paws to tread the waters while letting their back legs drag. This helps them utilize their energy to the max. Since polar bears are solitary animals, cubs are being left to forage on their own at an earlier age than decades ago. Let this be a reminder to stay the course for your chosen path in life. Even though your situation may not be a matter of life and death as it is for the polar bear, embrace his energy and attitude of ‘die trying’ to help you endure extreme situations and conditions.
- Call on your resources and camouflage: The skin of a polar bear is a dark bluish/black with hallow white/yellowish fur which keeps him warm and invisible to prey, specifically seals. Use what nature gave you to your best ability to survive and live your best life. They also lie on ice to reduce their shadows.
- Transformation and introspection: While the typical bear hibernates, only pregnant polar bears hibernate. This is a symbol of going within during the transformation of becoming a mother. This inspires you to look within yourself during your own period of transformation.
- Patience and peace: Seals are polar bear’s favorite meal. With his camouflage body, polar bears remain still and quiet until they’re ready to appear out of nowhere to catch dinner. Just like Alligator who waits until the moment is right, the message is to not rush into things. Success is not something that can be rushed. Although seals are getting harder to hunt as the ice depletes, Polar Bear does not blame humans. This is life and they know they have to adjust. Polar Bear is forgiving and nurturing, the perfect symbol for finding peace within your own soul while giving you the knowledge to embrace acceptance and self-love.
- Self-reliance and independence: As solitary animals, except during breeding times, polar bears are fiercely independent. Living against all odds, let Polar Bear energy help you to take care of yourself.
- Surrender: Another message from Polar Bear energy is to not resist the conditions you have to live under. Conserve your energy and make the most of each situation because what you face today will not be your last quest. Let things flow as they were meant to be.
- Grounding magnetic energies: The magnetic north pole is massively migrating towards Russia. Before the turn of the century, this was a gradual shift, but in the past 21 years, the speed of the north magnetic pole has increased from 10 km/year to 50 km. Although not fully understood in this scientific field, the Earth’s magnetic field constantly moves and its poles are not stationary and move independently of each other. Polar bears ground these energies so that all beings on Earth are able to prepare for this shift of a higher consciousness. They are not concerned with the climate per se, they will endure until they can’t anymore. This is their harsh reality and they accept it as such. They are more concerned about soul awakenings for the benefit of all life on Earth.
Questions to ask yourself
- How can I become more independent?
- What do I need to focus on to allow myself to move into a higher consciousness?
- What do I need to accept about myself?
Final words from Polar Bear
Polar Bear is the perfect guide when respectfully approached if you’re facing a dramatic transition in your life, especially when entering the next level of your soul.
He is guiding you to adapt and surrender so that you can find peace and joy within chaos and catastrophe.
Call upon Polar Bear energy to receive the gift of encouragement to find peace and calmness in this intense world.
Swim as cool as Polar Bear in the sea of serenity.
Dragon as your Animal Guide
One of the most legendary creatures and powerful totems showing up in films, books, artwork, etc., Dragon, with her many emotions and qualities, is well respected and honored, and equally feared and misunderstood.
As with all mythical creatures, if you believe in their spirit and messages, you have an advantage over others who are skeptical. You know that nothing’s impossible, especially when it comes to your own abilities and strengths, regardless of what anyone else says or believes.
Dragon is not an easy animal guide. She offers challenges and confrontations every step of the way. It’s up to you to use your strength and disrupt the inner voices that enable doubt to come into your life. If you’re in a state where self-sabotage, doubt or lack of love are blocking you, Dragon may not be a pleasant guide to help you through this time. It’s only when you’re ‘ready to slay that dragon’ are you able to benefit to the fullest.
This does not mean that when Dragon shows up in your life, you should try to kill her. No, this is a message telling you that when you are ready to stand in front of the fearless Dragon with courage, you will be able to face your fears in order to move forward.
And if you purposely call upon Dragon energy, make sure you’re prepared for obstacles.
Just remember though that Dragon chose to guide you during this new moon in Taurus, not the other way around. She did so for very good reasons, which you will discover below.
What we can learn from Dragon
- Magic: When Dragon shows up for you at any given time, this is a sign to tune into your psychic nature so that you can view the world with wonder and mystery.
- Peace: Dragon invites you to look deep within your soul so that you can unearth your true powers. When you are able to do this, you will find peace.
- Strength: Dragon is not only physically strong, Dragon is fearless which adds more to her strength than physical strength. Confidence is strength. Knowing you have the ability to conquer your enemies is strength. Tap into this energy when you are preparing for a difficult challenge without wanting fear or doubt to get into your way.
- Wisdom: The Dragon sees all and knows all. Firey Dragon energy is like a light igniting within us which gives us the insight and knowledge to tackle something big.
- Mastery and balance: Dragon is the master of Earth, Air, Water and Fire. Balancing all four elements to the point of perfection. This lesson is to master the physical realm in order to experience life to its fullest. Avoid avoidance, face your fears head on. Invite them in but don’t let them drive.
- Transformation: As with Polar Bear, Dragon is a symbol of transformation, however related to physical and emotional shifting. This could mean for you that you’re changing jobs, moving to a new location or shifting your mindset. Understand the misunderstood and look at things from a different perspective.
- Richness: When thinking of dragons, you may have this image of Smaug in ‘The Lord of the Rings’. Smaug was a fire dragon who hoarded the treasures earned by the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain. This does mean you are to hoard your pennies and become unapproachable like Smaug. This means to appreciate the wealth that you have, a balance between financial and emotional. Smaug had financial wealth, but he was lonely and misunderstood. His ‘treasure’ wasn’t his and so corruption led to his aggressive behavior. Take this time to observe your relationship with money and what power and abundance really means for you. Money itself is not ‘dirty’ or ‘corrupt’. If you’re avoiding stepping up into your own power for fear of becoming corrupt, let Dragon remind you that you can only inspire others and become successful if you stand your ground and look at your fears. Let Dragon help you bring true wealth into your life.
“I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?”.
~ John Lennon
Questions to ask yourself
- What are my hidden fears I need to work through?
- What is the magic inside me and how can I truly unlock it?
- What it is I’m truly grateful for?
- How can I communicate more effectively so that I’m not misunderstood?
Final words from Dragon
When the essence of Dragon energy is awakened, you are courageous, strong and visionary. With Dragon as your guide, you have the ability to manifest a higher dignity and intellect. That is, IF you surrender and truly let her in.
If your totem or power animal is Dragon, you will be awarded with brilliance and enlightenment.
Listen to the teachings of Dragon so that you can find the courage to express your views to be heard and understood.
Take Advantage of this New Moon in Taurus
The new moon peaks on Tuesday, May 11 at 2:59pm EST and 8:59pm CET and with it comes inspiration to just do it.
With Polar Bear and Dragon on our side during this new moon in Taurus we can find the strength to stick to it and not give up!
Tap into this beautiful energy to help you stick to your plan and unfold your destiny!
Want to learn more?
Do you feel close to Polar Bear or Dragon? Please comment below and let’s talk!
Wishing you a lovely new moon experience.
Peace and love,